🏠 Named for the waters silvery cast that reminded them of their adventurous Icelandic swim SILFRA PONDS in Central Victoria is home to Tom & Sam and their kelpie border collies Charlie & Bear 🐾
No strangers to agriculture with Tom growing up on-farm in Central West NSW, Sam's career as a wool broker and plenty of time on farms between them, they run small flocks of:
- 🐑 Australian Merinos, with exceptional wool growing genetics from Gippsland
- 🐔 heritage breed chickens (including Brahma, Barnevelder, Wyandotte)
- 🐤 bantam (Belgian D'Uccle) chickens
The farm has a focus on improvement as they learn and grow. Paddocks have been well rested and refenced to allow for rotational grazing practices, nutrient and pasture support, preservation of organic matter and to minimise soil compaction.
🌋 And with rich volcanic soils they harvest fresh, pesticide-free produce including:
- and eggs from the free-ranging chickens!
❄️With the (very) cool climate, much is grown in their greenhouse to ensure plentiful supply and protection from the harsh frosts. Currently for home, friends and family use only.
🗓️ What's happening now:
- 🐑 Our main flock lambs have been born and are growing up!
- 🌱 The clover & rye grass mix sown to stablise the pastures is showing
- 🐣 Many, many baby chickens
- ✔️ Revitalising the sheep handling equipment for best animal welfare
- 🐑 Our sheep have been shorn and wool is ready for sale!
- 🥚 Our young hens have begun to lay eggs
- 🥬 New season vegetables springing up
- 🍎 Our fruit fairy did an outstanding trim job and the trees are looking plentiful